2011 Summer Project Week DICOM RT
- MGH: Nadya Shusharina, Greg Sharp
- Kitware: Luis Ibanez
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
- Cosmo: Alexandre GOUAILLARD (in spirit)
Synthetic images, vector fields, RT structures and RT doses in Slicer and ITK
Figure out the best representation in ITK and Slicer4 for various RT and related datastructures.
We are designing synthetic DICOM-RT dataset which includes CT image, structure set and dose distribution. Currently DICOM-RT is loaded into Slicer 3.6.3 through Plastimatch extension DICOM/DICOM-RT Export.
Synthetic DICOM-RT is designed using following guidelines. We measured the noise power spectrum of a real CT image and constructed synthetic image with exactly the same spectrum. Then we included "skin" and one internal spherical structure. Synthetic contours were generated and recorded in labelmap format.
This work will be delivered to the NAMIC Kit as a
- NITRIC distribution
- Slicer Module
- Built-in: perhaps RT support can become part of MRML
- Extension -- commandline: Maybe, if needed
- Extension -- loadable: yes, for a custom interface