Difference between revisions of "2014 Project Week:Ultrasound Visualization and Navigation in Neurosurgery"
|(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|Line 34:||Line 35:|
Latest revision as of 18:23, 9 January 2014Home < 2014 Project Week:Ultrasound Visualization and Navigation in Neurosurgery
BWH: Matthew Toews, Alireza Mehrtash, Steve Pieper, William M. Wells III
Queen's: Csaba Pinter, Andras Lasso
This project will investigate approaches to ultrasound-based visualization and navigation in the context of neurosurgery. The goal will be to develop a persistent representation of intra-operatively acquired 2D US data that can be visualized in conjunction with pre-operative MR data.
- We will brainstorm approaches based on current Slicer and PLUS software capabilities. Possible approaches include
- real-time 3D ultrasound reconstruction
- painting US data onto predefined visualization planes.
- We developed a python module that can be used to reconstruct ultrasound volumes online from Slicer, via an active PLUS Server connection.
- The ultrasound volume can be generated rapidly, visualized and navigated via Slicer, e.g. using a stylus and the VolumeResliceDriver module.
- We tested the module on data an existing AMIGO neurosurgery case, and investigated navigation via a Leap Motion gesture controller.
PLUS Server Reconstruction Information: