| NA-MIC participants meet for a all-hands meeting (AHM) once a year. The purpose of the AHM is to coordinate, discuss plans and report to NIH officers and the external advisory board (EAB). The external advisory board meets with the NA-MIC leadership immediately after the AHM. In parallel, NA-MIC is organizing a project week. These events, with the exception of the EAB meeting, are open to collaborators and potential collaborators.
For more information about the project weeks in general, click here.
For information about the January 2008 project week, see below or click here.
For information about Utah as a travel destination click here.
|SLC||The combined AHM, EAB and Project Week will be held in Salt Lake City, UT, January 6-11 2008.|
Dates. Venue. Registration
- The All Hands Meeting and External Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, January 10th.
- Project Activities will be held rest of the week between Monday, January 7th and Friday, January 11th.
Venue: The venue for the meeting is Marriot City Center, Salt Lake City, Utah Mariott City Center, Salt Lake City, Utah. (Floorplan). To reserve rooms at the meeting rate of $129/night, please either call the hotel at 1-801-961-8700 or 1-866-961-8700 (toll free) and mention that you are attending the NAMIC meeting or book online by using the code SCISCIA. Please note that we do need attendees to use this hotel in order to not incur additional charges for the use of conference rooms.
Registration: We are charging a registration fee to all participants. The fee covers the costs of the facilities and food provided. In order to keep the fee low, we need to get a sufficient number of hotel nights by our participants. See above for more on this. Please click here for online registration. This registration must be completed by Friday, December 14, 2007.
|Time||Monday, January 7||Tuesday, January 8||Wednesday, January 9||Thursday, January 10||Friday, January 11|
|Project Activities||Project Activities||Project Activities||AHM, EAB||Project Activities|
Plug-ins for Slicer3
8:00 Introduction, Ron Kikinis
Core 1 and 2 Presentations
|10:30-12:00||Project Work||Project Work
10:30: Isomics, Steve Pieper
|1:00-3:00||Introduce Projects and Participants||Breakout: Geometry and Topology processing of Meshes||Project Work
Tractography Breakout Session contd
|3:00-5:00||3:00-4:00 Slicer Update
4:00-5:00 Breakout: EM Segmenter User Group
3:00-4:00 Batchmake Update
3:00-4:00 Discussion with NA-MIC Leadership
4:00-5:00 Closed Session
|05:00-07:00||6:00 Optional: Beer at Murphy's (like last year)|
Please note that there will be a Core 1&2 Site PI Retreat starting the afternoon of Sunday, January 6 and continuing on Monday, January 7th. This is a closed session for Core 1&2 Site PIs, with no delegates. The topic is the competitive renewal. (It is expected that the NIH IC Directors will make decisions about the competitive renewal mechanics in mid December, at which point we will let everybody know.)
Please note that unlike past events, registration will not be done on the wiki. Instead you need to follow this registration link to complete your online registration. The organizers will periodically publish the list of registered attendees in the space below. Attendees should NOT add their names in this section.
This is the list of attendees who have registered as of Dec 03 2007
- Michael J. Ackerman, Ph.D. National Library of Medicine
- German Cavelier NIHNIMH
- Kevin Cleary Georgetown University collaborator
- Randy Gollub MGH Department of Psychiatry Core 5
- Danial Lashkari MIT
- Boon Thye Yeo, MIT
AHM and Project Event
- John Melonakos Georgia Tech
- Nicole Aucoin BWH 2
- serdar balci MIT
- Sylvain Bouix Brigham and Womens Hospital Psychiatry Neuroimaging Lab Core 3
- Francois Budin , BWH
- Patrick Cheng Georgetown University collaborator
- Kathryn Hayes Brigham and Womens Hospital 2 - Engineering NA
- Ron Kikinis Brigham and Womens Hospital Leadership Core na
- William Lorensen EAB
- John Melonakos Georgia Tech
- Tri Ngo, MGH
- Steve Pieper Isomics, Inc. 2, 6
- Martin Styner UNC Chapel Hill 1
- Stephen Aylward Kitware Core 2
- Julien Jomier Kitware Core 2
- Bill Hoffman Kitware Cores 2,4
- Brad Davis Kitware Core 2
- Luis Ibanez Kitware Core 2
- Will Schroeder Kitware Cores 2,4
- Sebastien Barre Kitware Cores 2,4
- Zack Galbreath Kitware Core 2