Difference between revisions of "SDIWG:Meeting Minutes 20100528"

From NAMIC
Jump to: navigation, search
m
(Minutes)
Line 34: Line 34:
 
* '''Note taker''': [Suggested order of note takers for future meetings:'''Dinov (This one)''', Murphy (Next one), Ku, Schroeder, Floratos, Rubenson, Jags]
 
* '''Note taker''': [Suggested order of note takers for future meetings:'''Dinov (This one)''', Murphy (Next one), Ku, Schroeder, Floratos, Rubenson, Jags]
 
* Review of [[SDIWG:Meeting_Minutes_20100219|February 19, 2010 Minutes]]  
 
* Review of [[SDIWG:Meeting_Minutes_20100219|February 19, 2010 Minutes]]  
* Attendees: David Rubenson, Ivo Dinov, Karen Skinner, Susanne Churchill, Gil Omen, Trish Whetzel, Will Schroeder, Zohara Cohen, Peter Lyster.
+
* Attendees: David Rubenson, Ivo Dinov, Karen Skinner, Susanne Churchill, Gil Omen, Trish Whetzel, Will Schroeder, Zohara Cohen, Peter Lister, Jeannette .
  
 
* Peter/Zohara - [http://wiki.simtk.org/ncbcdisseminate/ dissemination efforts] / [http://www.ncbcs.org/cal.html NCBC Calendar]; [http://www.ncbcs.org/ NCBC web-page], [http://www.ncbcs.org/dbp_interactions.html DBP interactions] (access-stats, maps). How useful/used is the NCBC Calendar? Possible to add NCBC-Cal to Google/Personal Calendars.  
 
* Peter/Zohara - [http://wiki.simtk.org/ncbcdisseminate/ dissemination efforts] / [http://www.ncbcs.org/cal.html NCBC Calendar]; [http://www.ncbcs.org/ NCBC web-page], [http://www.ncbcs.org/dbp_interactions.html DBP interactions] (access-stats, maps). How useful/used is the NCBC Calendar? Possible to add NCBC-Cal to Google/Personal Calendars.  
Line 43: Line 43:
 
* Peter release of the [http://www.biositemaps.org/rds RDS (Resource Discovery System)].
 
* Peter release of the [http://www.biositemaps.org/rds RDS (Resource Discovery System)].
 
* CTSA/Biositemaps WG continues to make progress. Released RDS V.2?
 
* CTSA/Biositemaps WG continues to make progress. Released RDS V.2?
* Trish: latest efforts on [ BRO]. NCBC/CTSA collab - request from Pitt to include new regulatory branch - continually updated. Need to continue discussions on:
+
* Trish: latest efforts on [http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/40656 BRO 3.1]. NCBC/CTSA collab - request from Pitt to include new regulatory branch - continually updated. Need to continue discussions on:
 
** Update existing Biositemaps.RDF files and account for deprecated RDF constructs. Auto updates?
 
** Update existing Biositemaps.RDF files and account for deprecated RDF constructs. Auto updates?
 
** Extending the IM (Information model) to allow tool interoperability and comp-tool integration.
 
** Extending the IM (Information model) to allow tool interoperability and comp-tool integration.
 +
** (Trish) Added announcements to BRO?
 +
** Send to Beth and Peter comments on RDS (2.0) functionality/operations/features.
 +
** Karen S: Any stats on RDS usage yet? Peter: Dev team is NCBC/Pitt - none of them are on this call (Peter will check with them).
 +
** BRO Paper (Jessie/Duke), in review.
 +
* Peter: RDF extension Pipelining: Ivo suggested drafting some details on hands-on utilization of the Biositemaps.RDF extension enabling the tool interoperability.
 +
* Peter: Action Items as above.
 +
* Peter: NCBC Renewal apps (June 15 review; Council Review Sept).
 +
** Susanne: Inter-interval/intermediate funding?
 +
** No-cost extension apps (at least until the end of August/September) - check with program officer.
 +
** Jeannette - assuming Aug/Sept (bridge?) difficult to plan.
  
 
===Action Items===
 
===Action Items===
 
* TBD
 
* TBD

Revision as of 15:09, 28 May 2010

Home < SDIWG:Meeting Minutes 20100528

NCBC Joint Working Group Meeting

Top page of SDIWG web site

Notes

Friday May 28, 2010: 2:30-3:30 PM EST
Please contact Peter Lyster for information Peter Lyster
SDIWG Meetings Page
Save the date for the next SDWIG tcon/Connect, three months from now: August 20, 2010

Tcon DRAFT Agenda


Minutes

  • Note taker: [Suggested order of note takers for future meetings:Dinov (This one), Murphy (Next one), Ku, Schroeder, Floratos, Rubenson, Jags]
  • Review of February 19, 2010 Minutes
  • Attendees: David Rubenson, Ivo Dinov, Karen Skinner, Susanne Churchill, Gil Omen, Trish Whetzel, Will Schroeder, Zohara Cohen, Peter Lister, Jeannette .
  • Peter/Zohara - dissemination efforts / NCBC Calendar; NCBC web-page, DBP interactions (access-stats, maps). How useful/used is the NCBC Calendar? Possible to add NCBC-Cal to Google/Personal Calendars.
    • Email and Calendars are now low-maintenance.
    • There are about 200 subscribers to this list (NCBC-Cal?)
  • Peter: Merger/Symbiosis of DBP and Calendar efforts.
  • Peter release of the RDS (Resource Discovery System).
  • CTSA/Biositemaps WG continues to make progress. Released RDS V.2?
  • Trish: latest efforts on BRO 3.1. NCBC/CTSA collab - request from Pitt to include new regulatory branch - continually updated. Need to continue discussions on:
    • Update existing Biositemaps.RDF files and account for deprecated RDF constructs. Auto updates?
    • Extending the IM (Information model) to allow tool interoperability and comp-tool integration.
    • (Trish) Added announcements to BRO?
    • Send to Beth and Peter comments on RDS (2.0) functionality/operations/features.
    • Karen S: Any stats on RDS usage yet? Peter: Dev team is NCBC/Pitt - none of them are on this call (Peter will check with them).
    • BRO Paper (Jessie/Duke), in review.
  • Peter: RDF extension Pipelining: Ivo suggested drafting some details on hands-on utilization of the Biositemaps.RDF extension enabling the tool interoperability.
  • Peter: Action Items as above.
  • Peter: NCBC Renewal apps (June 15 review; Council Review Sept).
    • Susanne: Inter-interval/intermediate funding?
    • No-cost extension apps (at least until the end of August/September) - check with program officer.
    • Jeannette - assuming Aug/Sept (bridge?) difficult to plan.

Action Items

  • TBD