Training:NLM Workshop 2006
This workshop is hosted by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS).
- Dr. Michael Ackerman, NLM
- Dr. Sonia Pujol, BWH
- Dr. Steve Pieper, Isomics, Inc.
Training Workshop Participants
Clinicians and biomedical science researchers interested in training in 3DSlicer, an open-source software for visualization and analysis of medical imaging data. NA-MIC survey
Training Workshop Logistics
- To sign-up for this event, send an e-mail to Dr. Sonia Pujol (spujol at bwh.harvard.edu)
Please include your contact information, the characteristics of the computer you will be using for the workshop (OS, RAM, Processor), and any specific training requests.
- The workshop will be held on July 19 in the Lister Hill Center Auditorium at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. The Auditorium is located on the first floor of Building 38A.
Please check the NIH Campus map for directions. Please allow for time to go through the security check (like at the airport).
Preparation for the Training Workshop -- Important Information for all attendees
This is hands-on training. All participants must come with their own computer and install our software and data. PC, Linux or MacOS 10.4 computers will work. A minimum of 512MB of RAM and a dedicated graphic accelerator with 64mb of on board graphic memory are recommended.
Please complete the following items prior to the workshop. Support will be provided as requested.
- Software Installation: Please install the newest release of the Slicer program Slicer2.6 appropriate to the computer you will be bringing to the workshop.
NOTE: Intel based Macs will be supported on an experimental basis. Mac users please be sure to install the X11 application (available from the Mac OS X install disks).
- Data to download: Please install the tutorial datasets tutorial-with-dicom.zip, SlicerSampleDTI.zip, dwi-dicom.zip and TensorData.zip.
Agenda 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am Goals of Workshop, Introduction to the NAMIC Kit (Sonia Pujol)
- 9:30 am - 9:45 am Preliminary session: checking for software and data installation.
- 9:45 am - 11:00 am Slicer Basics - Hands-on Session 1 (Sonia Pujol)
- Slicer Interface Overview
- Loading Data: Volumes, Models, Scenes
- Interacting with Images and Models
- 11:00 am - 11:15 am Coffee-break
- 11:15 am - 12:15 pm Slicer Basics - Hands-on Session 2 (Sonia Pujol)
- Saving Volumes
- Saving Models
- Saving Scenes
- 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch Break
- 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Slicer Advanced - Hands-on Session 3 (Sonia Pujol)
- Diffusion Weighted Imaging tools within Slicer: Nrrd file format
- 3:00 pm - 3:15 pm Coffee Break
- 3:15 pm - 5:15 pm Slicer Advanced - Hands-on Session 4 (Sonia Pujol)
- Diffusion Weighted Imaging tools within Slicer: DTI processing and visualization
- 5:15 pm - 5:30 pm Feedback by participants and Conclusion (Sonia Pujol)
Back to Training:Main