2009 Summer Project Week GWE Results Browser
Home < 2009 Summer Project Week GWE Results Browser
- UCSD: Marco Ruiz
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
- BWH: Andriy Fedorov
- Determine the usability improvements and missing features for the GWE results browser prototype.
- Collect suggestions on desired interfaces to serve currently unresolved browsing scenarios, such as co-dependent variables.
- Demo current state of the results browser.
- Describe currently resolved scenarios as well as unresolved ones such as co-dependent variables navigation.
- Describe limiting issues such as browsing media types located on remote clusters (size, network speed, etc) and rendering custom media types (pluggable rendering framework?)
- Open discussion and gather feedback.
- A prototype of the experiment results browser has been released in GWE 0.7.3.alpha (latest release) based on the ideas brainstormed a few months ago (during the GWE mini retreat).
- A YouTube video has been created to show this prototype in action.
- A separate web server application to serve as a publisher of experiments results is of higher interest.
- For co-dependent variables the result browser will keep a tree of dependencies and re-render all the sliders accordingly every time than any of them changes.