2009 Winter Project Week:LesionSegmentationEfficiency
Mark Scully, MIND
Jeremy Bockholt, MIND
Improve the running time and memory use of the new lesion segmentation method as the current module takes 90-120 minutes and up to 2 Gb of RAM.
Review code to determine custom pieces that can be replaced with existing filters. Make the custom pieces that can't be replaced multi-thread capable. Locate inefficient memory use and improve it.
See what if anything could be made to work in GWE (Marcus)?
- Luiz provided an itk statistics filter to replace current custom, single threaded, un-optimized code.
- Final piece on single threaded code in process of being replaced by a custom multi-threaded ITK filter.
- Prediction runtime reduced from between 1.5 - 2 hours to less than 9 minutes on a quad core machine.
- Prediction Memory footprint reduced from 2.5GB to 1.1GB
- With Marco's help our pipeline is now running on Grid Wizard