2009 Winter Project Week Transform Management
Home < 2009 Winter Project Week Transform Management
- Jim Miller, GE
- Steve Pieper, Isomics, Inc.
Provide the infrastructure to handle non-linear transformations as both modeling and resampling transforms.
We will continue the plans from the Summer 2008 project event (here).
- Add attribute to transform nodes to indicate whether they represent a "Transform to World/Parent" or "Transform from World/Parent"
- Extend visualization system for "Transform to World/Parent" or "Transform from World/Parent" _
- Extend command line modules to annotate a transformation as a "Transform to World/Parent" or "Transform from World/Parent"
- Identify places in slicer3 code where linear transforms are assumed - these either need generalization or informative warning/error messages
- Incorporate itkDisplacementFieldTransform/vtkGridTransform for vector field style transformations.
- Need to extend itk::TransformIO. Prototype using Base64/Zipped vector fields. Alternative, allow binary data in ITK Transform files or reference an external image to hold vectors in file format.
- Coordinate frame manager to map between any two data sets verses mapping to parent/world.
- Linear transformations are always stored in Slicer as modeling transformations.
- Slicer assumes that plugins using ITK Transform file format want/return resampling transforms
- Initial prototype of itkDisplacementFieldTransform using ITK Transform file format by Base64 encoding a Zipped version of a vector field (ITK Transform format is ASCII).
- Mike Halle has a coordinate frame manager written in Python