2010 NAMIC Project week: Viewer Manager Factory
- Alex Yarmarkovich, Kilian, Steve, Nicole, JC, Julien
Create a pluggable structure for managing MRML<-->VTK Rendering and Widget interactions in the context of Slicer4. This include mapping MRML annotation nodes to and from vtkWidgets, mapping vtkMRMLModelNode and hierarchies to vtkActors/vtkMappers.
- Fidicials (all annotations)
- Module-specific rendering (should be possible for loadable module to register a class that maps MRML nodes to-from elements in the vtkRenderWindow
Create a vtkSlicerManagerFactory and vtkSlicerAbstractManager. The vtkSlicerAbstractManager is parameterized by a vtkRenderWindow and is subclassed for each purpose. The vtkSlicerManagerFactory holds a registry of manager types so that when a new 3D Viewer is create, a set of managers is associated with the viewer.
Loadable modules should be able to access to ManagerFactory and register custom manager types to handle their custom nodes.
- created architecture and coded initial implementation of new vtkMRMLDisplayableManager library including
- vtkMRMLDisplayableManagerFactory class
- vtkMRMLAbstractDisplayableManager class
- vtkMRMLModelDisplayableManager class
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a (please select the appropriate options by noting YES against them below)
- ITK Module
- Slicer Module
- Extension -- commandline
- Extension -- loadable
- Other (Please specify) YES: Slicer4 base code.