2010 Winter Project Week Fast Imaging Library + Siemens EPI
Home < 2010 Winter Project Week Fast Imaging Library + Siemens EPI
- BWH: Scott Hoge
- Utah: Nick Todd, Dennis Parker
Incorporate improved EPI Nyquist ghost correction techniques and on-line parallel imaging reconstruction modules into the multi-shot EPI sequence used by the HiFU project at Utah.
Our plan for the project week is to ...
- modify the multi-shot EPI sequence to include temporal encoding
- integrate fast imaging library calls into ICE image reconstruction chain
- Temporal encoding of single-shot EPI complete. extending to segmented EPI sequence.
- Functor created to reconstruct acquired data in Siemens ICE framework
- Modified Functor Makefiles to link in NCIGT Fast Imaging Library
- On Acquisition
- Single-shot EPI pulse sequence modified to include temporal encoding.
- Data acquired on Siemens machine
- Images reconstructed using EPI-GESTE show very low Nyquist ghosts, much lower than the product reconstruction code
- Double-shot EPI pulse sequence modified to include temporal encoding
- PLACE method to remove ghosts works (but with loss of temporal resolution), EPI-GESTE still needs some work.
- On Reconstruction
- EPI-GESTE Functor defined for Siemens ICE processing chain
- NCIGT Fast Imaging library linked into functor
- currently debugging the functor
- We have a new method for self-referenced EPI ghost correction (EPI-GESTE)
- Goal for the week: implement on Siemens, both pulse sequence changes and on-line recon
- temporal encoding of EPI data acquisition
- application of parallel imaging algorithms