2010 Winter Project Week Slicer XNAT
Home < 2010 Winter Project Week Slicer XNAT
- Wendy Plesniak
- John Paulett
- Tim Olsen
- Dan Marcus
Exchanging data between XNAT and Slicer is currently very slow. We will identify and begin resolving bottlenecks in the current FetchMI module and Remote I/O pipeline.
- Profile data downloads in the FetchMI module and in Slicer's RemoteIO pipeline.
- Walk through the FetchMI code to see how the XNAT API is being utilized. Optimize.
- Determine ways to optimize Slicer's RemoteIO pipeline.
Progress will be rapid, possibly ferocious.
- Wendy found a bug in the upload pipeline! not yet fixed, but high priority.
- Instrumented the download pipeline with profiling methods to tease out where time is being spent.
- Reviewed with Tim and Dave -- transfer times seem appropriate.
- Tim and Dave reviewed Wendy's informatics code, appears that the code is appropriate.
- Profiling reveals that bulk of time is being spent in the Remote I/O pipeline...
- Discussed with Ron, Dan, Jim some ways to bypass cache in Slicer to speed up download.
- Profiling will continue and if necessary, we will extend the Remote I/O pipeline for improved performance.