2010 Winter Project Week catalyst
- Yong Gao
- Randy Gollub
- John Paulett
- Tim Olsen
- Dan Marcus
Provide support to the Harvard Catalyst as they work to stand up XNAT throughout their user community. Investigate the possibility that the Harvard Catalyst use case could be a model for additional CTSC sites that are also using the i2b2 framework, such as Emory University.
Specific open issues:
- Review data modeling requirement for XNAT from a MGH PI
- Contributing SubjectHandler Yong wrote into DicomServer release.
- Scan Level search capabilities for queries like "find all mr sessions with a usable MPRAGE scan". According to Tim, this is not an out-of-the-box thing offered by the REST API.
- Processing and loading images in NRRD format.
- Most of the data should have a close map to XNAT schema. Extensions to XNAT are needed to cover Testing session and Clinic Visit. XNAT will add a new field for "site".
- The SubjectHandler code was sent to Kevin Archie for consideration.
- This is now supported in xnat 1.4 rc3. Tim's example request would get a list of sessions with at least one usable MPRAGE from XNAT central: http://central.xnat.org/REST/experiments?xsiType=xnat:mrSessionData&format=xml&columns=ID,label,project&xnat:mrSessionData/scans/scan/quality=usable&xnat:mrSessionData/scans/scan/type=MPRAGE
- NRRD files can be loaded just as any other files. New parser is needed to be written if it's is desired to get header information from the NRRD files.