2011 Summer Project Week Image Manifold Learning with Spectral Embedding and Laplacian Eigenmaps
Home < 2011 Summer Project Week Image Manifold Learning with Spectral Embedding and Laplacian Eigenmaps
Image Manifold Learning with Spectral Embedding and Laplacian Eigenmaps
- MIT: Ramesh Sridharan
- MIT: Polina Golland
- Use image manifold learning to better understand pathology (e.g. Alzheimer's, Huntington's) in brain images.
- We want to learn better embeddings of brain images (to better perform classification, segmentation/registration, etc). We will use a modification of spectral embedding techniques that allows us to incorporate constraints. For example, when longitudinal data involving progression of some pathology is available, we would like to incorporate our knowledge about the temporal relationship by constraining the longitudinal images to line up.
- This is a relatively new project, and we are interested in hearing about potential applications and useful directions for the work.
- Applied method to part of the ADNI dataset
- Obtained HD data for future analysis
Belkin, M; Niyogi, P. Laplacian Eigenmaps for Dimensionality Reduction and Data Representation