2011 Summer Project Week LANDWARP integration
Home < 2011 Summer Project Week LANDWARP integration
Full Title of Project
- BWH: Andrey Fedorov
- MGH: Greg Sharp, Nadya Shusharina
- Integrate LANDWARP registration into a B-spline-initialized interactive loadable module. The purpose of this task is to simplify fine-tuning of the deformable registration results, and to simplify interactive registration where automatic methods fail.
- Develop a loadable module that would provide an interface for chaining B-spline deformable registration with the landmark-based LANDWARP registration
- The module will encapsulate initialization by B-spline registration using BRAINSFit. The resulting grid of B-spline control points will be automatically displayed over the image to allow the user to adjust the locations of the control points. As the last step, LANDWARP module will be executed as a command line module to produce a dense deformation field given the displacements and the correspondences of the input fiducial points.
- Loadable module to simplify user-guided interactive segmentation has been developed. The workflow consists of two steps:
- Initialization: user provides B-spline transformation, the fixed and moving fiducial grids are initialized based on the configuration of the B-spline control point grid over the image.
- Adjustment: user can iteratively change the locations of the moving fiducials, and apply deformable registration (Landwarp is wrapped by the module).
- Processing time for the adjustment step is ~10 seconds (3x3x3 grid, 320x320x25 fixed image volume, single-threaded Landwarp, 2.2GHz Intel Core i7)
- The concept and implementation has been discussed with Greg Sharp, Sandy Wells, Luis Ibanez.
This work will be delivered to the NAMIC Kit as a
- NA-MIC Sandbox / Slicer loadable module extension for Slicer v3