2011 Winter Project Week:FinslerTractography
- LMI: Antonio Tristán-Vega
- LMI: Carl-Fredrik Westin
We are coding in ITK the method for fiber bindle segmentation by John Melonako, which is currently written only in MatLab.
The approach is as described in the references:
- Create anchor tract by minimizing Finsler length using fast sweeping.
- Volumetric segmentation of fiber bundles starting from anchor tract.
For the development of the method, we start with:
- ITK directional iterators for fast sweeping (complete).
- itk::FastSweeping class (incomplete).
- itk::FinslerTractography class (incomplete).
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a ITK Module
- Melonakos, J.; Pichon, E.; Angenent, S.; Tannenbaum, A.; "Finsler active contours." IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 30(3): 412-423, 2008.
- Melonakos, J.; Mohan, V.; Niethammer, M.; Smith, K.; Kubicki M.; Tannenbaum, A.; "Finsler tractography for white matter connectivity analysis of the cingulum bundle", Procs. MICCAI 2007, LNCS 4791, pp. 36-43.