2012 Winter Project Week:FastInterpolation
Home < 2012 Winter Project Week:FastInterpolation
- Ivan Kolesov : Georgia Institute of Technology
- Greg Sharp : MGH
- Allen Tannenbaum : Boston University
- Goal: Create a deformable registration approach for computing large deformations(e.g. in the presence of abnormalities, between different patients)
- A stochastic registration algorithm has been implemented.
- Bottleneck is performing image interpolation quickly.
- Take advantage of the structure of deformation (parameterized deformation field).
- Perform approximate interpolation.
- Make algorithmic improvements to allow for large 3D datasets to be used.
- Proposed an optimization ~100x faster than previous version
- Tested on the 2D phantom image above.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a
- Slicer Module (via PLUS and OpenIGTLink)