2012 Winter Project Week:GeometricMetamorphosisTBI
Home < 2012 Winter Project Week:GeometricMetamorphosisTBI
Geometric Metamorphosis for TBI
- Kitware: Danielle Pace, Stephen Aylward
- UNC: Marc Niethammer
- Utah: Marcel Prastawa
- UCLA: Andrei Irimia, Jack van Horn
- Image registration of longitudinal neuroimaging data of traumatic brain injury (TBI), with the aim of predicting long term outcome and designing treatment plans.
- The geometric metamorphosis registration algorithm jointly estimates global background deformations and local pathology changes. This allows injury changes to be analysed without the impact of background motion.
- Continue validation studies in simulated and actual image data.
- Meet together to discuss next steps.
- Project discussions between Danielle, Stephen and Jack.
- Data discussions between Danielle and Marcel.
- Group discussion on TBI project identified requests from algorithm developers to DBP and clarified clinical realities.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a Slicer extension.
Marc Niethammer, Gabriel L. Hart, Danielle F. Pace, Paul M. Vespa, Andrei Irimia, John D. Van Horn, and Stephen R. Aylward, Geometric Metamorphosis, MICCAI 2011.