2012 Winter Project Week:RTSS
Home < 2012 Winter Project Week:RTSS
Greg Sharp, Steve Pieper, Andras Lasso, Kevin Wang, Csaba Pinter
Find a good representation of RT structure sets in Slicer. There were some preliminary work in Slicer3 (using Plastimatch) and new efforts (Plastimatch, DCMTK/DCMRT, SparKit).
- Specify requirements for representing structure sets in Slicer
- Decide on the design
- Implement the solution in Slicer4
- Preliminary discussions, requirement specification, identification of design options completed.
- Mockup of UI available for feedback
- Support up to 100 structures
- Support overlapping structures
- Display a name for each structure
- Show/hide each structure
- Manual editing of each structure
- Rigid/deformable transform of the structures
- DICOM-RT export
- Design options
- Store each structure as one labelmap (lots of memory, data loss when converted from contours)
- Store multiple structure in a labelmap as bitfield (limited to 32 structures, complicated editing, data loss when converted from contours)
- Store as model or annotation contours (not the usual representation for segmented structures, models cannot be edited)
- Structure contours must be associated with background volume DICOM data in order to be exported correctly. This effort should be coordinated with the DICOM SR/AIM annotation effort
- How should these be represented in ITK and the SEM?