CTSC:ARRA.041310

From NAMIC
Jump to: navigation, search
Home < CTSC:ARRA.041310

Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement

Agenda

  • mi2b2 - hardware solutions (con't)
  • Progress update
  • "Level of Service" discussion

Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes April 13, 2010

In attendance:

  • Shawn Murphy
  • Kathy Andriole (phone)
  • Mike Clyne (phone)
  • Wendy Plesniak
  • Randy Gollub
  • Chris Herrick
  • Bill Telier
  • Steve Pieper
  • Dan Marcus (phone)
  • Paul Lamonica
  • Mark Anderson
  • Darren Sack
  • Alex Zeitsev
  • Yong Gao
  • Jesse Wei (phone)


Meeting Minutes
Chris reviewed the minimum specs for a server to host the i2b2 STAR-D software that would communicate with the local PACS (detailed below and also posted on our home page). The server will need to be connected to the intranet with a fixed IP address, be inside firewall with PACS access but not require access to the outside world.

2 GHZ processor
2 GB RAM
40 GB free space
Software:
Windows XP SP1 or CentOS (other Linux version possible)
JDK 6.0
JBoss 4.2.2
Apache Ant 1.6.5
Apache Axis2 1.1
Oracle 10g Express Edition (for Linux Servers) or Sql Server 2005 Express Edition (for Windows)

  • Chris Herrick then reported on his team's progress over the past week. The i2b2 Star-D software is up and running in test mode. Now working on "packaging" it so it is easy to deploy at all sites. Will contain a miniature i2b2 version with only those components that are needed for this project.
  • Got an update from each site as to what configuration they will use and how long before their server hardware will be in place.
    • (CHB) Paul and Bill have a laptop computer already identified that will be used.
    • (BIDMC) Jesse submitted an application for sign off from BIDMC Radiology for project as a whole. Hardware solution will await this team's input.
  • (BWH) Kathy is going to immediately order a brand new WindowsXP desktop to deploy at the Kent Street facility computer room at the Center for Evidence Based Imaging (CEBI).
    • (MGH) Darren discussed with his team and decided to go with a new laptop to be located on his desk, that will likely be WindowsXP. He also has to apply for sign off from Radiology for project as a whole.
  • We agreed that we are now at a point where we need to secure appropriate IRB approval for all project personnel who access the medical imaging data for this effort. Each site will identify who that person(s) is(are) and they will need to take the CITI human subject's protection training course (https://www.citiprogram.org/) if not already done and then be added to their site's i2b2 IRB development protocol. Shawn is the PI for this IRB at MGH and BWH. He will add Kathy, Mike, Darren, Tom, (another name I missed) and Steve to his IRB that covers MGH and BWH. Shawn will send the text needed for this amendment to Griffin Webber who is PI at BIDMC to add Jesse. Shawn will find out who at CHB is the analogous person to add Paul and Bill. In addition, all key personnel (e.g. Chris Herrick at MGH site) who are going to provide service to the systems across sites for this project would need to be added to their respective IRBs prior to applying for VPN privileges at BIDMC and CHB to have access to all four sites to provide support.
  • Continued our discussion about the details to be included in the "Level of Service" statement for mi2b2. Host site can "turn it off" at any time if anything goes wrong. But who is responsible to "turn it back on"?
  • ARRA progress reports were just due. Randy to improve our coordination of this effort. Huge thanks to Jesse for his nice write up for BIDMC.

Action Items

  1. Randy, Chris & Shawn will outline draft Security Policy to review for a future meeting (still in progress)
  2. Use next meetings to continue to outline Level of Service document together
  3. Circulate info for CITI training
  4. Do amendments to each site i2b2 IRB to add mi2b2 study personnel