Summer2009:Using client server paradigm with python and slicer
- BWH: Julien de Siebenthal, Sylvain Bouix
We are interested to run intensive tasks from the Slicer python directly.
Our approach is to defer intensive computational task into another process communicating remotely with the Slicer process.
During the summer week, we will discuss improvements on the current implementation and possibly other approaches that could complement ours.
- Achieved software for enabling a client-server python. It uses basic socket mechanism for that purpose and was tested successfully. It mimics CLI modules written in C++.
- Enhanced options (client side) to setup the module
- Study possibility of using Pyro (RPC) to replace socket library
- Reflect on how to improve the slicer daemon mechanism - would be nice to have a RPC-like mechanism integrated in Slicer for python development (Pyro?)