Training:NIH Workshop 2006
- Carlo Pierpaoli
- Sonia Pujol
Training Workshop Participants
Clinicians and biomedical science researchers interested in training in 3DSlicer, an open-source software for visualization and analysis of medical imaging data.
- Carlo Pierpaoli, National Institutes of Health
- German Cavalier, National Institutes of Health
- Lin-Ching Chang, National Institutes of Health
- Cheng Koay, National Institutes of Health
- Tie-Qiang Li, National Institutes of Health
- Minjie Wu, National Institutes of Health
- Fabio Sambataro, National Institutes of Health
Training Workshop Logistics
- To sign-up for this event, send an e-mail to Sonia Pujol (spujol at bwh.harvard.edu) with your contact information, the characteristics of the computer you will be using for the workshop (OS, RAM, Processor), and any specific training requests.
- The workshop will be held on Thursday April 27 in Bldg 13 room 3W54 at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
Preparation for the Training Workshop -- Important Information for all attendees
All participants must come with their own PC, Linux or MacOS 10.4 laptop computer. Please complete the following items prior to the workshop. Support will be provided as requested.
- Software Installation: Please install the newest version of the Slicer program Slicer2.6 appropriate to the computer you will be bringing to the workshop.
- Data to Download: Please install the tutorial data tutorial-with-dicom.zip, SlicerSampleDTI.zip and TensorData.zip.
Draft Agenda 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am Goals of Workshop, Introduction to the NAMIC Kit - People-Introductions (Carlo Pierpaoli - Sonia Pujol)
- 9:30 am - 9:45 am Preliminary session: checking for software and data installation.
- 9:45 am - 11:00 am Slicer Basics - Hands-on Session 1: Loading and Viewing Data (Sonia Pujol)
- Slicer Interface Overview
- Loading Data: Volumes, Models, Scenes
- Interacting with Images and Models
- 11:00 am - 11:15 am Coffee-break
- 11:15 am - 12:15 pm Slicer Basics - Hands-on Session 2: Saving Data (Sonia Pujol)
- Saving Volumes
- Saving Models
- Saving Scenes
- 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch Break
- 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm Slicer Advanced - Hands-on Session 3 (Sonia Pujol)
- 4:00 pm - 4:15 pm Coffee-break
- 4:15 pm - 4:45 pm Users Feedback
- 4:45 pm - 5:00 pm Conclusion