Training:User Workshop SPL Winter HCNR 2005
- To provide hands-on training in the neuroimaging data visualization software tool, 3DSlicer (a NAMIC Toolkit application Slicer ) to clinical researchers in the Harvard Medical School community.
- To obtain feedback on how the NAMIC Toolkit applications satisfy the needs of the clinical research being carried out in Harvard Medical School community.
- The workshop will be held on Tuesday January 24, 2006 in the Demo room at the Surgical Planning Laboratory facility on Boylston Street, Boston MA. Please check 1249 Boylston Street, Boston, MA for directions.
- To sign-up for this event, send the HCNR an email ( hcnr at hms.harvard.edu ) with your contact details, department and institution.
Preparation for Workshop -- Important Information for all attendees
All attendees are required to complete the following items prior to the workshop. Support will be provided as requested.
- Software Installation: Please install the newest release of Slicer2.6 appropriate to the computer you will be bringing to the workshop.
- Data to Download: Get the tutorial data pointed to at Slicer User Training 101 page tutorial-with-dicom.zip.
We will be happy to assist anybody who may encounter difficulties in the installation process. As first point of contact, send an email to the NAMIC-developers mailing list which will be closely monitored by NAMIC Tookit experts. Because we will focus on how to use the application(s) during the workshop not on how to install it, please do the install before you arrive.
2:00 PM - 5 PM
- 2:00 - 2:15 Goals of Workshop, Introduction to the NAMIC Kit Slicer-Overview, and People-Introductions (Sandy Wells)
- 2:15 - 3:45 Hands-on Session 1 Loading and Viewing Data (Sonia Pujol)
- Slicer Interface Overview
- Loading Data (Volumes, Models, Scenes)
- Interacting with Images and Models
- 3:45 - 4:00 Coffee-break
- 4:00 - 4:30 Hands-on Session 2 Saving Data (Sonia Pujol)
- Saving volumes
- Saving models
- Saving scenes
- 4:30 - 5:00 Conclusion (Sandy Wells)