2010 Summer Project Week RegistrationCaseLibrary
The 3DSlicer Registration Case Library Project
- BWH: Dominik Meier, Ron Kikinis
- Kitware: Casey Goodlett
This work is part of a 2-year effort to supplement the 3DSlicer Registration Module with extensive set of documentation, tutorials and use case scenarios. We seek to build a comprehensive library of use cases for every form of registration challenge using 3DSlicer. Each library entry will contain a dataset along with Registration Parameter Presets and a guided tutorial on how to successfully register the images.
The use case library relies mainly on user contributions for content. There is an official call for datasets to all slicer users to consider a unique time-limited service for any dataset/registration problem that is not yet in the library. Users who agree to share one anonymized dataset for the library will have that dataset registered by us and the solution and strategies posted. Look here for an example of a library entry.
Our plan for the project week is to first get a survey of all projects using registration. We hope to catch most of these projects from reviewing these project description pages, so it is important that if you use registration in your procedure, please make sure to mention explicitly. We will collect as many example cases as possible, and select a few focus cases with particularly vexing registration challenges and begin to develop the appropriate tailored registration strategies.
- consider a priority matrix for each case that lists the requirements for robustness, precision, speed
- evaluate interest&applications for a Fiducial/Manual Bspline module.
- see below for list of projects/contacts for new use cases: 2010_Summer_Project_Week_RegistrationCaseLibrary#Target Projects
- mouse colon follow-up
- Head & Neck 3DCT inter-subject
Progress: Target Projects
The following projects below have been tentatively identified as having strong registration ties. We will seek discussion with these projects during the week. If your project is listed here, I will try to discuss the registration aspects at some point during the week. Type and length of discussion will vary greatly. Text next to each project below identifies the registration link.
ITK Analysis of Large Histology Datasets (Liya Ding, Kun Huang, Sean Megason, Raghu Machiraju)**Evaluation of Registration in Slicer (James Fishbaugh, Guido Gerig, Domink Meier)
- HAMMER: Deformable Registration (Guorong Wu, Xiaodong Tao, Jim Miller, Dinggang Shen)
- Best Regularization Term for Demons Registration Algorithm (Rui Li, Greg Sharp)
- Fiducial-based deformable image registration (Nadya Shusharina, Greg Sharp)
- MR to Ultrasound Registration Methodology (Dieter Hahn, William Wells, Joachim Hornegger, Tina Kapur, Stephen Aylward, Andriy Fedorov)
- Groupwise Registration (Ryan Eckbo, Sylvain Bouix, Jim Miller, Hans Johnson, Kilian Pohl, Daniel Haehn)
- initial discussion with Marta: issues with stopping criterion, FOV and DOF constraints, both inter- and intra-subject registration; collecting dataset for trials. PM: Precision ***, Speed *, Robustness **
- Transformation concatenation: need for standards in communicating transforms and a separate module to combine
- registration strategics: voxel anisotropy vs. DOF : general guidelines